The Therapist’s Support Group (NOW MEETING ONLINE)
- Description: The goal of the group is to serve as a source of support for helping professionals whether LPC, LCSW, ST, APC, MSW, etc. All clinicians are welcome. Participants can expect to receive peer support in sharing and processing their experiences as counselors in the mental health field. Participants will also gain access to tools and resources that can help launch their careers. Resources may include: samples of logs for tracking contact hours and documenting supervision in pre-license process, information for proper completion of licensing application, understanding 1099 vs. W2 employment opportunities, navigating contracts and expectations of work sites, information on ethical considerations and best practices as a helping professional, etc. The group tends to flow organically based on the needs and experiences of those who participate at each meeting.
- Meeting Times: Right now we are meeting every other week on Sunday at 1pm ONLINE
- Cost: FREE
- Light Refreshments are provided, please RSVP to keep accurate count. This is a must as the group can fill up quickly and due to limited space, we sometimes have to cut off the number of participants for each meeting.
- June 7th
- June 21st
- July 5th **This is the last meeting we have scheduled on an every two week interval. By this date we will assess where we are in terms of the pandemic and if we can resume in person or keep this online platform going**
- August 2nd
- September 6th
- October 4th
- November 1st
- December 6th **Vision Board Party/Session**
- January 3rd **Planner Party**
**Folks can come whenever and miss however many meetings they need to. This is a very informal offering. The goal is to serve as a resource and to provide support. It is available to all! Come as you’d like or need. No expectations, no pressure, no cost. We’re here :-)**