The Therapist’s Support Group
- Description: This group serves as a source of support for helping professionals whether LPC, LCSW, etc. We focus on working to support recently graduated (ST) or new associate licensed (APC) helping professionals but all clinicians are welcome. In this group we discuss challenges we may be facing in our careers but we also celebrate milestones that we have reached in our individual journey to becoming fully licensed counselors. Participants can expect to receive peer support in sharing and processing their experiences as new counselors entering the field. Participants will also gain access to tools and resources that can help along the road to full licensure. Resources may include: samples of logs for tracking contact hours and documenting supervision, information for proper completion of licensing application, understanding 1099 vs. W2 employment opportunities, navigating contracts and expectations of work sites, information on ethical considerations and best practice in serving the role of junior therapist, etc. This group will flow organically based on the needs and experiences of those who participate.
- Meeting Times: 1st Sunday of every month. 11:00pm-1:00pm
- Cost: FREE
- Light Refreshments are provided, please RSVP to keep accurate count. This is a must as the group can fill up quickly and due to limited space, we sometimes have to cut off the number of participants for each meeting.
- March 3rd
- April 28th
- June 2nd
- August 4th
- September 27th **Special meeting date due to our special guest this month: Howard Gold. No SUNDAY meeting this month. This meeting will be packed so RSVP now**
- November 3rd
- December 8th **Vision Board Party/Session**
- January 6th **Planner Party**
**Folks can come whenever and miss however many meetings they need to. This is a very informal offering. The goal is to serve as a resource and to provide support. It is available to all! Come as you’d like or need. No expectations, no pressure, no cost. We’re here :-)**